A look at Fix Radio, a new DAB radio station for tradespeople
Altogether now: “two million bars of music power…” (O.K., we make no apologies for adapting a late 1980s Radio One tagline). Sometimes, we at D and A Plumbing and Electrical Contractors can only take so much Ed Sheeran or Clean Bandit. Or the amount of songs which interrupt the adverts on commercial radio. This week, we have learned about Britain’s newest DAB radio station, Fix Radio.
Fix Radio is a new kind of DAB radio station: it is aimed at tradespeople. In other words, Music to Change Fuses By. Fix Radio’s playlist covers music from the 1970s to the 2000s. There is a no repeat guarantee between 6am and 6pm on its playlist.
There is also specialist programming for the construction trade. As well as weather forecasts aimed at tradespeople, there is also a Construction Industry Update bulletin at 4.50pm. Even a breakfast show and a sports programme.
Its first day of transmission was the 26 April, with the station launched by Charlie Mullins, head of Pimlico Plumbers. The first song to be played on Fix Radio was We Built This City by Starship.
Fix Radio is available on DAB radio in Greater London. Nationwide, you can listen online via the Fix Radio website. It is billed as “the alternative to radio stations that makes you want to bang your head against your new brick wall”. If Fix Radio seems like your sort of thing, lend your Britney Spears over to www.fixradio.co.uk.
Monday – Friday:
- 0600 – 0900: The Full Fix Breakfast (with Trev and Ben).
- 0900 – 1000: Fix Music Marathon.
- 1000 – 1100: Brew and Banter.
- 1100 – 1250: Fix Music Marathon.
- 1250 – 1400: Kicking Off (sports phone-in).
- 1400 – 1535: Fix Music Marathon.
- 1535 – 1650: Hit The Road!
- 1650 – 1700: Construction Industry Update.
- 1700 – 1800: Hit The Road!
- 1800 – 0600 (or 1000 the following Saturday): The Night Shift.
- 1000 – 1400: Overtime.
- 1400 – 1800: Pete James.
- 1800 – 1000: The Night Shift.
- 1000 – 1400: Matt Rockley.
- 1400 – 1800: Jessie Brooke.
- 1800 – 0600: The Night Shift.
D and A Plumbing and Electrical Contractors, 28 April 2017.